Monday, February 22, 2010

A sister

My work day was epic! I would probably try to go into detail, but it's not really the focus of this post...so maybe later.

I actually wanted to talk about my family tonight. Specifically the females, oh boy. jk :)

When I walked in the house after work I was reminded what it's like to be a big brother again :) My mom was running to her yoga class (this is not the one that I go to), so I was left with my baby sister Anna. She seemed content, so I started to read one of my books, in the same room. All of a sudden, I realized that Anna had stopped playing with her toys, she was just looking at me. I put my book down and asked her what she was doing, she responded with: "I love you and I don't want to forget what you look like when you go to 'Awabama.'" I don't care who you are...that is one of those, "I love my sister more than I can explain moments!!!"

I went and picked her up and we decided to watch a movie. She wanted either to watch The Swan Princess or Beauty and the Beast...both of which we couldn't find O.o So we ended up watching The Sword and the Stone, which is not nearly as awesome (though still ok). The entire time she's sitting on my lap, asking me to rewind her favorite parts...which after about the 23rd time of watching the squirrel scene...it gets a little old...but I did it anyways :) She then proceeded to fall asleep in my lap during the last 20 minutes of the movies...so I sat and read with her there until dinner time. I love her.

I guess that's a part of what bothers me so much about moving to Birmingham. Knowing that I won't get to be the big brother that I should be. I downloaded skype the other night, and have used it a few times. And I'm teaching my family, but seriously...I'm already nowhere near the older brother I could be for any of my siblings. I don't do a bad job, it's just I don't do a great job either.

The second part of my night, that amused me, happened after dinner. I went walking at Strawberry patch park. I had the park to myself, since rain tends to scare others off ;) So as daydreamed/"nightdreamed" about knights, castles, God, resolutions, discipline, archery, yoga, yogi bear, worship, Antarctica and lions (it all connected in my mind, lstm)...I got a text from my mother asking if I was dead (I'd been out for almost 2 hours...oops). However, once I got home, I found my mother in the living room watching the bachelor. I carried on a 5 minute long conversation about why she was NOT allowed to nominate me, AND why the whole thing was ridiculous. After going upstairs to my room...she texted me asking when I would get to China.....

Not knowing what that meant...I texted her back...asking her what she meant. Her response? "When will you be home?" :D LOL I think I laughed at and with her for a solid 5 minutes when I brought back up our Bachelor conversation. Apparently, she thought she had been daydreaming. It must run in the family ;)

So I guess the point of this post is to say: I love my family so much!!! :D

“A sister is a gift from God, sent from above to make life worthwhile here below.”

3 comments:

Deanna said...

And you have an EXTRA special Mom and sisters.

For the record... we don't want you to go to Awabama either. But we will love and support you if you do. But don't!

Amy said...

awww. :)

i for one will be happy when you come to awabama! and please don't go on the bachelor. hahaha

Heather said...

Aww! Daniel! This is adorable!
Made me smile. = )