Friday, February 26, 2010

Finally Friday

I know...3 posts back to back...but you gotta do whatcha gotta do :D


So I find myself lying on the carpeted floor, in my dorm room, listening to Jon Foreman's Your Love is Strong on repeat. I'm not bad off mind you, never really can be, after all I've lived my life without a purpose before, without God. Once you know what, or should I say whom, life is truly about, you find it's easier to fight the lies Satan throws your way. But it is still quite a battle, or at least for me it is.

Yesterday was rough for me. I managed to get myself cursed out badly by someone with a temper. Which typically wouldn't phase me much, but it hurt me where I didn't realize it would. I also managed to put myself in a situation that was really uncomfortable, but worse...I didn't know to handle. Not that knowing how I could handle it would have made things better, perhaps being okay with uncertainty is something God is trying to teach me...if so, it's starting to work. At least somewhat.

Worship last night was one of the major things I really needed last night. That and a text from a friend, encouraging me of some things that I needed to hear. And reading from a picture book in worship made the devotion time all the better! ;) I mean how often does a group of college students have a picture book read out loud to them as a devotion (Max Lucado's You are Special). Better yet, I wasn't stoned by an angry mob afterwards, lstm.

I guess I'm just trying to relax and get my thoughts together before I feel like it begins again. Regardless, God is bigger than anything else in life. And if we remember that the past is past, that the future can wait, and that the moment is now...perhaps life won't be able to knock us down nearly as often.

And when we are knocked down, I know the guy that does the picking up. He Rocks!

0 comments: