Thursday, February 4, 2010

God is Good

God is good. Regardless of anything else in life, that statement will stand, always.

Today was different, and should have been bad...it tried anyways. This morning, I had a tire go out on the way to work, so in the middle of a small intersection I had to get out and replace it. It helped that my co-workers were supportive and not phased by my late arrival. The first few hours at work, before lunch, were filled nonsense that isn't worth going into. I figured that I was going to lose my cool if If I didn't get myself an intervention. I met with my other boss, Matt, and asked him to join me for lunch. He realized pretty quickly that I was wearing out...but between his prayers and his goofy attitude and laughter I came back to work strong. The rest of the afternoon was great at work, I took over for the secretary at the front desk. I suppose this could have been a bad thing...but I chose to make it meaningful and fun. It helped.

I got off work at about 4:30 and started for home, glad to be done for the day (regardless of optimism). I had some time to reflect and spend in peace, but as I got out of my car, my favorite Bible fell...into a puddle. *sigh* Sometimes it rains and pours. I salvaged what I could, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to move on from that one. I lay in bed for about 15 mins and prayed, not really feeling in the mood...but knowing I was being unfair to God (it wasn't His fault). Afterwards, I headed to school. I figured that I could just ignore it all and put on a smile. It wouldn't have worked as well as I hoped, except that a close friend ran into me and made me smile, he's a dork, but a good one. I then apologized to God for staying in the mood as long as I had, but deep down I still felt like I was about to break...just putting on the face in the hopes that it becomes the truth.

I spent the rest of the night like that, not understanding why I couldn't just laugh or smile, but knowing that's what I needed. God knows what I needed though...worship touched my heart in a way I wasn't expecting. Especially when we sang "It is Well" and "Blessed be your Name"! I'm still working on my paper, but my friend Sam came to find me and gave me a Twix bar...explaining that it was "a good break". Sam = Awesome. I'm tired, drained, ready for bed, BUT I'm realizing that no matter what, God's peace is enough. Sometimes I just need to laugh and smile at the ridiculousness inside of me to remind myself that God is good. GOD IS GOOD!!! Amen.

0 comments: