Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Answered Prayer

I typed this out last night, but I needed to add some finishing touches :)


Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 - "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"


I've prayed for months that God would give me strength through the things that He needed me to handle, both big and small. Also asking that I’d be worthy of what He gave me. Well, I've been keeping a prayer journal to keep up with when I prayed and how and when it was answered. Wow. If you aren't sure how often God comes through...keep one of these...it's all the time! I was looking back over my journal today and found that one prayer still hadn't been marked by me - officially...a prayer for "strength to do the right things and to stay strong".

I realize that that is a rather broad prayer, but God rocks those too. I also realize that there were many times I could have marked it as answered. But it was today that it clicked for me. It was answered before I prayed it, but has been more evident lately! It was answered in you. All of you, regardless of whether you believe you're one of the ones I'm talking about...if you're reading this (and plenty who aren't) then you were part of the answer. I'm a hard-headed "fool of a Took" sometimes, but sometimes I can see the light...after a time, lstm.

I've always known how valuable my family and friends are to me, but then again…maybe I can never truly know completely. And I like to think I tell all of you that plenty often too, but in case I haven't:

I think that the reason I can enjoy each day is because of you! You are God's greatest gift to me, and an overwhelming source of my strength, values, and smiles. :D see?

-It has been 47 days since I HAVEN'T gotten at least one random text or phone call of encouragement from at least one of you guys! I realize that sometimes I do the same, but that is DEFINITELY a Blessing I didn't expect! (Yes, I do realize that I keep up with random things in my journal) :)

This week alone:

- I was checked on by those that were concerned. I was made to laugh by those that know my weaknesses ;) I was confronted when I was wrong. I was encouraged when I was right. I was sent scripture, called just for the sake of it, and texted all kinds of humorous and special things. I was loved when I was trying to show to love. I was forgiven when I was trying to forgive. I saw strength through pain. I saw faith through hardship. I worshiped with you. I talked over distances with you. I was given a gift that I didn't deserve, your friendship, much like most of my life in general. I was reminded that I'm so far away from being the man God needs me to be, but also reminded that you know I can make it. Just as He reminds me too.

I guess what I'm saying is that when I pray, more often than not...God uses the people in my lives like all of you. :) And I couldn't have asked for more, nor will I. If you ever need me in your lives, I'm there. If it means driving across the country and back, I'm simply driving towards an answered prayer ;)
I found myself wanting to list every single one of you and the ways you’ve made my life better, so I will, but more creatively than you may be able to handle ;) If the name means nothing to you, feel free to skip it...though if you figure out more than 5 of these (not counting your own) I'll be QUITE impressed!

To:


Prom Kraft Mac N’Cheese - Thank you for acceptance and understanding.

Deli Minstrel – Thank you for being unconditional when I’m not the same way.

Mikeschair Celtic Pin - Thank you for reminding me that I’m remembered.

D.C. Val – Thank you for letting me be myself.

Recurved Courtesy C. – Thank you for letting me be blunt and returning the favor.

Relinquished Drummer – Thank you for always picking up where we left off.

Hornet Horse - Thank you for putting me first when I don’t even realize or deserve it.

Dr. Senorita – Thank you for knowing when I need you.

Unsure Linguist – Thank you for reminding me to see the other side of a story.

Snow Queen- Thank you for being sarcastic when I need it and sympathetic when I don’t.

Reformed Firefly- Thank you for seeing a kindred spirit and using heart not head.

4 out of 5- Thank you for making me laugh and listening when I talk too much.

Hand Sanitizing Granger- Thank you for caring so much when I’m not always the same.

Dr. Lactose Intolerant- Thank you for always smiling for others.

Master'piece- Thank you for being a rock in the faith even when times are hard.

Thomas "Fin"- Thank you for the consistency of the most ridiculous but funny texts ever.

German Hot Chocolate giver – Thank you for being a consistent voice of confidence and hope.

Have I told you? – Thank you for making it past the trials with me without changing.

The Ogre – Thank you for teaching me that being true to ourselves is always important.

Roda “Cycle” – Thanks for reminding me that sarcasm can be amazing, just don’t push it ;)

Gummibear – Thanks for letting your joy out for all to see.

“Johnson Foreman” – Thanks for singing with me when life needs more than one singer.

Mississippi Sawyer – Thanks for always coming through in the pinches of my life.

Major Cuddly - Thanks for not cuddling me. But honestly, thanks for teaching me that life is what you make it.

Cheese headed Champ – Thanks for giving incredible hugs and battling the forces or Sauron with me.

Comp. Chess Kid – Thanks for being an example of thought before action, but action in love.

Jewels - Thanks for returning the favor when I’m out of energy and teaching me that we can keep going.

Chinese Rabbit – Thanks for the stories and poems that touch my heart.

KP of BF – Thanks for a bible verse every week and a laugh every time.

Math Nurse – Thanks for teaching me that seeing mistakes simply means learning from them.

Note to follow So – Thanks for teaching me that no matter what you go through it can be fixed.

Jo of Oysters – Thanks for reminding me that you can always keep in touch even when distant.

Service D. of the W- Thanks for being a loyal friend to those who need you.

Storyteller- Thanks for making me want to write a great story and teaching me to be bold.

Jephthah's daughter- Thanks for being solid and helping me learn that my view isn’t always the only view.

L Grace- Thanks for seeking and letting me be there to help.

British Ice Cream- Thanks for being there to laugh when I need laughter and tell me when to act.

Doc Holiday- Thanks for being there when I needed someone to just say it like it is.

Creative Bel Writer- Thanks for seeing me as a confidant even when I felt like I wasn’t deserving.

Engaging Bassist- Thank you for seeing my bad side and good side, and vice versa. Still here aren’t we?

Fighting Toast I am – Thank you for proving that two people with the most different of backgrounds can be brothers in days.

Warrior4Him- Thanks for not letting pain take you, and teaching me how to do the same.

PinkSaylor- Thanks for trusting me when you didn’t even know if you could, may I be the same.

Buttercup- Thanks for always believing in me, even when I felt that I wasn’t a brother at all.

Beam Me Up Mr. R- Thanks for proving that youth is in the heart, not the body.

RedArcher- Thanks for seeing me as a role model…now I see you that way instead.

A Medieval Price- Thanks for random accents and for letting my friendship mean something.

A Disney Frenna- Thanks for letting me not give up on you. Thanks for never giving up on me.

RollT- Thanks for saving me on more than one occasion from academic trouble, and for grinning in the process.

Lt. Danger- Thanks for being loyal to a fault to all that know you. If I saw it as a problem, not anymore.

Sherman Tank- Thanks for being my brother in arms, even before I knew it.


If you came to mind, or didn't (which I honestly don't think is possible), know that you are SOO much more than the statement of difference I gave. My life is incredible because of the choices that you've made. All of you fit many of those qualities I listed in my life, and many that were too sentimental or personal to even go in to. All of you have made me smile, even as I typed out your "name". All of you have pointed to Jesus in my life. I guess what I'm trying to say is...thank you. If I died today, I would die blessed beyond all measure. May God protect you until we speak again (and beyond ;)


“And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.”

3 comments:

Deanna said...

And thank YOU for being you. Open and honest. Transparent so that God shines straight through you! Is there any better way to live?

Amy said...

Thank you aragorn. (I think..) ;)

Of course you're remmebered. always! even when i'm not communicating it. :)

I accidentally put this comment on your earlier post. so i copied and pasted it here. so now you can read my comment twice. ahaha.

Betsy said...

De nada, seƱor ;)