Monday, February 15, 2010

A Call to Battle

I watched Braveheart tonight. I've been trying to let out a side of me that I've been keeping back in the shadows, the fighter. Most of my life I've been competitive and passionate in my decisions. Once I decided what to do, nothing else mattered. The problems with such a personality is though you aren't restrained in your choices, you can end up being in the wrong without ever realizing it. Perhaps even hurting others because of your firm nature and zeal.

I suppose that's part of the reason I let it go in the first place. But I realized, the other night, that I'm starting to let my lack of "fight" prevent me from keeping those I care about out of bad situations. Don't get me wrong, I believe firmly that it takes a stronger man not to fight - when he wants to...than it takes him to take it - when he wants to fight. I don't admire those who seek to fight just to prove a point. However, like William Wallace, I do want to fight when it comes down to doing what's right.

That changes now, and I know just where to start.

Satan, you have no power over anything in my life. Ever. God's already saved me and called me, do your worst...my weapons, life, and heart belong to my King. And my King protects his own.

0 comments: