Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 36

This is a day late, but I did do it last night, or this morning anyways...it was a REALLY long day :) So I'm counting this as yesterday. mwahahah

Read Matthew 15:16-20


"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them. "Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "



1. What do your conversations reveal about your heart?

2. Are you like the Pharisees who did the right things but with selfish intentions?

3. How do you feel when you think of Jesus holding you accountable for every careless word?

4. Pray specifically for God to take any selfish intentions you have in your life. Pray for God to teach you not to be careless with your words.

5. Journal any thoughts you may have.


I think this is one of the biggest struggles in my life. Sometimes I catch myself doing the right things for the wrong reasons. Other times I find that I'm incredibly careless in what I say and do. If you want to see a sinner, turned pharisee, turned sinning pharisee, turned messed up. Look no further. "I now know only two things. I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great savior."

0 comments: