Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 25

Read Matthew 5:23-24

"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift."



1. What are some excuses people use for not being reconciled to people they have wronged?

2. What are some excuses you have used?

3. Why is it important to go to someone that you haven't been reconciled with?

4. Is there something you have done to hurt someone?

5. Are you avoiding it? Or are you dealing with it?

6. Are you following your own will, or God's? Do you know the difference?

7. Why is it so hard to be the one that reconciles a relationship?

8. Journal any thoughts you may have.

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Seriously, I have been trying to leave you blog comments for the last week, but every time I would click on "post a comment" nothing would happen, and I didn't know if it was your blog being weird or my computer being weird.

Anyways, I can leave comments now! So, to comment on the last week or two of your posts, keep them coming. I plan on using this 40-day fast during Lent. For part of what I am doing, you can look at one of my recent blog posts titled "40 days of Water" (O Lord, give me strength for that...40 days without chocolate milk AND pepsi products is going to be rough).

As for the post you wrote on February 8 (Monday), I needed to hear that! Often times I feel like I am doing no good at all for those around me--I so often times forget the power of a smile or a kind word. Thanks for reminding me.

Your night-time post from Feb. 8 also made me entirely jealous. And I quote: "My plans for tonight? Ridgecrest, Stars, Barnes and Noble..." Le sigh...my plans for the typical night? Grading. Studying. Watching too many episodes of Criminal Minds.

Okay, so I think this is quite possibly the longest comment in the history of blogger.

But it was a good one, right?