Saturday, August 21, 2010

Remember the Titans

I'm currently watching Remember the Titans in my room. It's one of my favorite movies, probably because I can't watch it without remembering that the best things in life are worth fighting for.

"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz... all... night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"




I have been called in life to stand for one thing and one thing alone, my Savior.

"But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God." ~ Acts 20:24

Sometimes I fear that I won't have the strength to hold the "line" against the Enemy. And then I remember, there are others holding this "defensive line" with me. And Christ tells me that my work is not done, I can't lose focus or take my eyes of each day's "God-incidences".

If I've learned one thing in my life, it's this:

Trust in God's plan, no matter what, good or bad, pain or peace, God is still in control and will not ask you to make a "play" that you aren't supposed to make. Remember the Titans.

0 comments: