Monday, March 8, 2010

The Word is Alive

Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you? (Daniel 6:20)

I love this verse. Not just because my name is in it though ;) I love it because it's a question that I want to answer the same way that Daniel did...if my day with the "lions" comes. I want to, have to, need to, chose to believe that I will respond in the same way.

I've found the expression "the living God" many times in the Bible, and yet it is the very thing I am so prone to forget. I know it is written "the living God", but sometimes in my daily life there is almost nothing I lose sight of as often as the fact that He is the living God. I had forgotten for far too long that He is now exactly what He was three or four thousand years ago, that He has the same sovereign power, and that He extends the same gracious love toward those who love and serve Him. I was forgetting that He will do for me now what He did thousands of years ago for others, simply because He is the unchanging , living God. What a great reason to confide in God, and in our darkest moments to never lose sight of the fact that He is still, and always will be, the living God!

So, my answer, is yes! He has been able to rescue me! He will always be able to rescue me. He has never failed me. No matter how difficult my trials, no matter how heavy they were, no matter the pain or need, He has never failed me.

Has your God rescued you?

"I asked Jesus ... "How much do you love me " And Jesus said ... "This much." Then He stretched out His arms and died."


Isn't Our God INCREDIBLE? How can you not fall in love with your rescuer, when He's a rescuer like this?

0 comments: