Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hearts

I'm sitting in the church right now, in Matt's office to be more specific. In fact, the title of this post is dedicated to a paper heart that Emily left Matt, it reads: " *heart picture* You Husband! Now and FOREVER *heart picture again*". Two best Middle School Ministers in my life??? OH YEAH!!! I've been thinking a lot about my family here, my church family I mean :) I spent most of my life hating people because I thought they were all hypocrites, especially Christians. Lstm, got to love Damascus road experiences....

Now the people that I condemned are the people I've fallen in love with. Now the only hypocrisy I want to see is my own, I don't want to look outside of myself when there's so much work to be done in here. Now I realize how much it hurts to think about leaving those that I care about. However I know that, if it's God's will, I will be back.

And don't get me wrong, "I have a joy that's unspeakable that won't go away. And just enough strength to live for today. So I'll never have to worry what tomorrow will bring...cause my faith is on solid rock...I'm counting on God!" I don't regret falling in love with you guys, I cherish it! I'm not wishing that I wasn't a little bit afraid of my future, I'm smiling at the thought. I guess what I'm trying to say is this...I know what kind of man I was and am, AND I thank God every single time that He reminds me that my "family" of fellow believers doesn't care! This isn't an ending, it's a beginning. I can't wait to spend time with those that I love in Alabama, just like I can't wait to come back often and visit here. And I can't wait until part two brings me back to you :) That rhymed :D


On a completely side note:

-I've started shooting archery again, every day that I can. I can still hit the target!!!

-Susan, I just read your comment on my Chapter 1 post from a few days back. I wanted to say thank you!


-If you're interested in making an incredible cd (like REALLY Incredible) anytime soon then I'm in the mood to help you out :)




*You love me anyway - Sidewalk Prophets
*The words I would say - Sidewalk Prophets
*More love to thee - Fernando Ortega
*Savior Please - Josh Wilson
*Before the Morning - Josh Wilson
*More Beautiful You - Jonny Diaz
*The Stand (Live) - Hillsong United
*By Your Side - Tenth Avenue North
*Your Love is Strong - Jon Foreman
*Your Hands - JJ Heller
*Heaven is the Face - Steven Curtis Chapman
*You are Holy (Prince of Peace) - Michael W. Smith
*The Lost Get Found - Britt Nicole
*I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
*Forever Young - Rod Stewart
*I won't Give up - Everyday Sunday
*All Because of Jesus - Fee
*Glory to God - Fee
*Lead Me to the Cross - Hillsong
*Reign in Us - Starfield
*Ruin Me - Jeff Johnson
*What Faith Can Do - Kutless - I would never have realized it was Kutless :)
*On and On - Chasen




Dear miss *you know who you are*, in response to this phone call...yes I'm typing while I listen. (I don't think this is the moment to share this with you, but when you read this later it might be). You know I don't like many country songs, but since you do, listen to Garth Brooks' "The Dance", but then please listen to "Your Hands" which I listed above also. It's okay to feel the way you do, you don't have to fight it, or be ok with it at the moment (Let that come naturally). Let it out, all of it. Tears aren't evil or ridiculous, nor do you apologize to ANYONE for them, I won't hear of it again. And know that if God breaks our hearts, He only has a better time or person in mind. We have to believe that...because honestly...it's true. You know that I'll be here in prayer and as an ear. Some things change over the years, but that won't. *I'll give you a big hug next time I see you!* Pain is temporary, God is not.

2 comments:

hillery johnson said...

jon foreman, jj heller, and starfield... good stuff. :)

hillery johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.