Sunday, March 21, 2010

Both, is that allowed???

"For an answer Jesus called over a child, whom he stood in the middle of the room, and said, "I'm telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you're not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God's kingdom. What's more, when you receive the childlike on my account, it's the same as receiving me." Matthew 18:2-5 (The Message)

I love my Middle Schoolers so much! I couldn't even begin to tell you all the reasons. I've been thinking about them more and more often lately. I think I'm starting to realize that God is calling me to work with children, specifically in my career and in my personal time. I'm praying about that, still seeking guidance, but feeling lead nonetheless.

They make me smile, laugh, worry, hope, believe, think, and most of all...live.

For the last few years of my life I've struggled with finding myself...well now I have. I'm a man of two worlds, a boy of two worlds if you would. "Two worlds, one family." It used to hurt, I felt like I couldn't maintain it, that I had to leave one behind...in fact, at the time, I "knew" I had to leave one behind. I believed that I couldn't keep getting attached to people, I couldn't keep giving away pieces of my heart, it was going to hurt me too much...or my heart would never be what it should be.


God has taught me something over the years though. I think Mother Teresa sums it up the best: “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” The more I give away my heart to those I care about, the more I have to give....

I wonder if Jesus thought about that as He passed out the fish and loaves of bread.


In my mind, one of my "worlds" was reality, the other was just "fun"...was just a dream. A dream that must eventually be replaced with my "adult" beliefs, views, and lifestyles. But I've come to realize that that kind of thinking is precisely why so few people truly get to live life the way it was meant to be lived.

No matter what direction my life goes, there are two things I am sure of.

I will love God always, just as He has loved me always.

And I will never live another day of my life in such a way that I'm not truly living at all....

:)

Children have the best sight of all of us...maybe they should be leading us. Not the other way around.

0 comments: