Friday, March 12, 2010

Amazing Day = Amazing Quotes

Amazing Day = Amazing Quotes:

Me: "Can anyone tell me what jobs I should look into in Birmingham, besides a church position?" Sam: "Sniping."

2. Heather: "The only thing I didn't get to do today was hit Andrew in the face with a dodgeball...."

3. Audra: "If only Chris had been around today, I wanted to lock him in the cave!"

4. Me: "My hand is in pain." Morgan: "My mom's thumb went numb for 5 years..." *awkward group silence* Me: "......thanks?"

5. *People are talking* Margaret: "I don't think Daniel will...." Me: "You don't think I'll what?" Margaret: "Get married." Me: "Ouch. Admittedly, I do only attract the stalkers, but isn't that a little depressing?" Margaret: "Well, you didn't pass the salt and pepper together..." Me: "So THAT'S why God wants me to live as a bachelor for my whole life!!! It all makes sense now! Maybe I can be a priest or monk..." Morgan: "I don't think you're Catholic enough to be a priest..."

6. Margaret: "YOU HIT THE PAPER!" *In reference to Audra's archery talent*

7. Me: "Do we want Mozzerella Sticks or Buffalo Wings?" Kevin: "Well, I'm lactose intolerant, so you decide..." Sam: "Well I can't have meat." Kevin: "Well I guess we don't count then...we cancel each other out..."

8. Heather: "We should start an MC dodgeball team and beat y'all." Andrew: "Actually, I'd be on that team, so we'd dominate!!!"

It's funny how much of my day is made by the simplest and yet most meaningful of things. It's one of the reasons I love to be random and spontaneous sometimes, because those are the things that touch my heart when others do them for me. :)

Sometimes it's the smile, wave, or hug. Sometimes it's the fact that I get a text to let me know that I'm being thought of. Sometimes it's the voicemail that is goofy or kind. Sometimes it's the random invitation to hangout for no reason, save friendship itself. Sometimes it's the, "I miss you." Or the, "Thinking of you today." Sometimes it's the stranger that smiled or waved to me. Today it was the fact that I had friends that were completely cool with dropping everything to just hangout with me, randomly, I am so blessed!

Sometimes I seem to know everyone. I have many, many acquaintances. I have plenty of connections and contacts. I have a good amount of friends. But those few friends in my life that bring a smile to my face just by spending time with me or reminding me that you're there, you're the ones that I can never repay. Instead, I can only say, "Thank you." <3 I hope that I can be the same way in your lives as well :)

1 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.