Wednesday, June 30, 2010

He'll be there for you, no matter what....

"Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what."

I went to see Toy Story 3 with my sisters last night. Wow! For me, it was a reminder of the child that I was and the man I hope to be....

I've realized just how many of the beliefs, values, hopes, and dreams have stuck with me...all these years later.



There is so much beauty in the life and actions of a child. Christ knew this. So should we.

On another note, I'm meeting up with my old history professor, Mr. Switzer, from Holmes Community College Friday morning. The reason and topic? Jesus. He doesn't believe in Christ, and chose to bring it up on my facebook wall awhile back, since then he decided that he wants to talk to me about who Christ is. It wasn't until he answered the phone, and then called me "Dan" and "friend", that I realized that there was foundation for this "meeting". He also asked me not to call him Sir or Mr. but instead to call him John. I suppose this comes with the "growing up" process...I'm not quite sure I'm ready for this talk, but I know who's with me. *starts singing* "And if our God is for us...than who could ever stop us!?!?" :)

Speaking of Jesus, He's been the one that the quote at the top actually fits, in my life anyway (Cowboy and all!).



Satan is fighting hard on the battle field. The demons just keep coming. It seems all the strength and passion is difficult to summon....

Regardless, you need only know one thing:

"I am a great sinner, but Christ is a great savior."


Feel His power flowing through you as you take in your next breath. Feel His promises as you say His name aloud. Remember the passions aroused in your heart when you first fell in love with Him.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
~ John 16:33


P.S. The mission trip to the Dominican Republic is only 3 days away!!!

2 comments:

Audra said...

:)

Amy said...

Yayyy Toy Story 3 is so fantastic! I'm glad you saw it.

That's so great about your old professor. And I have a feeling that Dominican is going to be...beyond words. Regardless, I'll be praying throughout the week. Be safe! Act like a kid again! Remember what I told you about my souvinear..I'll be waiting for that. haha. :)