Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ladybugs and Cinderella

So I realize that I've already posted once today, but when you want to blog...you want to blog. I was irritated with myself earlier, if you knew me as well as I do, you'd get irritated with me too ;)

So I'm watching as this lady bug dive bombs my overhead light. Constantly slamming itself in to something that will eventually kill it...why? Because the light is too tempting and tantalizing for it to care.

My life sometimes follows the same route. Not lately, God has come back into the picture full-swing, but there are plenty of times that I just give into the temptations that Satan throws my way. Just like that ladybug.

Then there are the opposite days. I felt like a prince tonight. Don't get me wrong, I didn't slay any dragons or wicked witches. However, I did dance with a princess :) When I got home from walking at the park I was worn out. And guess who runs out to meet me? Anna, the soon to be birthday girl! She was wearing the full blown Cinderella get up!!!

She asked if I could help her find her shoes...and since every male in the human race should be willing to help a princess, I did. She started twirling around and I got "Cinderella" (the Steven Curtis Chapman song) stuck in my head. So I did the only thing that I could do at this point...I danced with her. And LOVED it!

I am so blessed. How many guys get to dance with Cinderella? Better yet, how many guys get to live a life without regrets, without looking back? Time to start doing just that!

0 comments: