Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The life of a Middle School Intern

This is day four of my self-discipline. I'm doing well, but only by the grace of God. Self-discipline is definitely one of the areas of my life that I'm lacking in. But I won't quit, I won't give up, my God is bigger than my faults. Always.

So...tonight was amazing!!! I went and spent my entire evening with, my Boss, mentor, and friend, Matt and his wife Emily :) We watched Lost, and sang worship songs during commercials and after the show ended. I spent two and a half hours singing with them...I LOVE THEM!!! And Matt can play the guitar incredibly well, I never knew...I learn new things about them all the time. And one day, I hope to be half the man that Matt is. I didn't realize how much I've missed not have a Father figure that I can talk to about my faith, my God, my love. One day, my father is going to fit that description too!

Series Finale of Lost comes on at 6 pm on Sunday night (it's 2 and a half hours long)...Matt's response when he saw the time??? "Darn those non-Christian Lost people! Putting stuff during church time! Honey, do you think we can buy Tivo and get it installed before Sunday?" :D Greatest response ever? I think so!



One of my favorite songs that we sang tonight:






Giddy is me right now! Because God is good, and that's all I need to know :)

I have the greatest gift God could give me...family and friends that love the Lord and that love me for who I am.

"I could not ask for more than this time together. I could not ask for more than this time with you. Every prayer has been answered, every dream has come true! ...And I could not ask for more!!!"
:)