Monday, May 17, 2010

Better is one day

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." ~Galatians 6:9-10

It's hard, sometimes really hard, to keep "trucking".

However, at other moments, it's really hard not to want to keep fighting the "Good Fight".

Today was an incredibly special day for me at my church. I was blessed by many of the people that I love, who came together to throw a surprise graduation party for me, where my mission trip to the Dominican Republic was completely covered by donations and where my diet was put on hold until tomorrow. Needless to say, I have the most amazing church family ever, and one of the greatest bosses to boot!

I've struggled lately, in so many different walks of my life. I'm trying to be faithful, but I've been tired. Tired of my past, myself, and tired of fighting. At the moment I'm ready to take on Satan and his demons, but lately...unfortunately...that hasn't been the case.


I owe so much to so many. There would have been a day where that would have bothered me. Now I realize that the debt of friendship isn't supposed to be paid, or earned...merely returned.

I'm nothing special, at least not in any way that goes beyond the other children of God. But through all the trials and blessings, I keep gaining the friendship and love of people that change my world for the better. To the ones that make each of my days meaningful, you know who you are...thank you.

To the One who makes Everything meaningful. "Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere..."

0 comments: