Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To the One

I don’t know who you are my dear
Or when I’ll know it’s you
But you’re a part of me right now
You impact everything I do

I thought of you tonight dear one
As I lay beneath the sky
I wondered while beneath those stars
Do you, also, think of I?



I need not see your eyes or face
I can live without your smile
For I know deep down in my heart
We’ll be together in a while

I remember when I first wondered
What kind of girl you’d be
You said you’d be the right kind
So I keep waiting patiently

Sometimes as I stroll the quad at night
I ask how I’ll know it’s you
Then I feel your hand in mine
As you help me trust like you

Your love for God comes first
Love for others, close behind
Your kindness is a ray of hope
Your prejudices blind

A beauty, in my eyes, unparalleled
A peace that's source is love
You have your faults, sure enough
Yet still, you are an angel from above

One last glance of moon and stars
For tonight at least that's so
After all, my Creator has a master plan
And His sky is not Van Gogh's

It’s time for me to leave again
And I still don’t know your name
But I do know that I love you dear
It’s why I write you all the same.

0 comments: