Saturday, August 22, 2009

A true gentleman: Explained

So I promised to come back to my point, and here I am. One of the topics that Wes mentioned in college Bible Study on Thursday night was that of truth and lies. Which got me thinking...

God is not capable of lies. Satan is not capable of truth, only half-truths.

Here's the comparison, though it applies more to girls than guys, there are many guys out there that make girls feel special and loved. However, some of those guys are gentleman while others fake it until they get what they want.

God never forces his will on us. He chooses to treat us right, hoping that one day we will choose Him. He's just waiting for the day that we see how much we can trust Him, because He loves us. Satan on the other hand uses his subtlety to convince us that he won't hurt us, and then when we trust him. Uses and abuses us.

Reminds me of the type of guys I've known that could say all the right things, but never actually meant them. The difference is that God does.

0 comments: