Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A prayer

Oh Lord, in humble desperation I come to You
Seeking a strength that's not mine
For I have none left to call my own
None that I can find

Expectations and desires aren't fulfilled by those around
Instead I find that you alone can claim this my heart
Loving in full, satisfying in full
My words of praise are nothing, compared to what thou art

You have called me on this journey
To be faithful, to be true
You do not disappoint
I can trust in you

There are things in this world that I don't understand
People that who hurt, things yet to see
When my eyes are away it's my sin
My sin keeps me from thee


So I ask for peace
For a contentment in You
Your will above mine
In everything I do

May my words and prayers always be true
And may my heart ever rest, yes...forever in You

0 comments: