Sunday, February 15, 2009

Search me, Know me, Try me and see...

"They said to each other, "Didn't our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the scriptures to us?" (Luke 24:31-32)

I love that verse. They knew they had been with Jesus because of the fire within them. That's how God has worked in my life lately, using His torch to set my soul on fire. He warmed the cold and thawed the chill. He stirred the ashes of my heart again, purging my infection, and illuminated my path.

I'm starting fresh. I'm sure that there have been many times in my life that I've said that, but I think God understands anyway.

This semester is about walking without knowing. Trusting without seeing. And loving without judging. I've fought my whole life to become who I am. It's odd now, I'm ready to lose that part of me, the selfish, prideful, hypocritical, dishonest part.

It's as if I've spent my whole life running and running, trying to catch up with something that has never been there at all. And all I've done is go farther and farther away from the love that's been waiting for me the entire time.

Life has been so good to me. God has been so good to me. It's time I did the same.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Just make sure you don't start completely from scratch. Make sure you bring a few of us along with you... : )

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.