Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Letter

From a thoughtful perspective, I'm frustrated with the world, and stupidity in it. hmmm, I suppose that just means that I need a breather. I did try one thing differently today though...

And on that note, I love Philippians! Picture it with me. Let's go to Rome... to a rather dark and dank little room, surrounded by high walls...Inside we see a man seated on the floor. He's an older man, his shoulders stooped, his head balding (perhaps). Chains are on his hands and feet...

It's the apostle Paul...I relate to his story more than most (Damascus road and such)

The apostle was bound only by the will of God is now in chains - stuck in a dingy "room" - attached to a Roman guard....

He's writing a letter. If it were me it would be a complaint letter to God. My list of grievances.... After all, he has every reason to be bitter and complain. But he doesn't. Instead this man writes a letter that more than two thousand years later is still know as the treatise on joy - Philippians....

A very good book to spend time in. "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything." Philippians 4:6


Those are the thoughts that flow through my head when I'm actually trying to focus on God. Sometimes though, I feel like just holing up and biting off heads...probably not the best policy...for me, or anyone else. Salem.

0 comments: